Statements for Self-Certified High Net Worth Individuals or Sophisticated Investors
I declare that I am a Certified High Net Worth Individual or Sophisticated Investor for the purposes of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Financial Promotion) Order 2005.
I understand that this means:
- I can receive financial promotions that may not have been approved by a person authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority;
- The content of such financial promotions may not conform to rules issued by the Financial Conduct Authority;
- By signing this statement I may lose significant rights;
- I may have no right to complain to either of the following:
– The Financial Conduct Authority; or
– The Financial Ombudsman Scheme;
I may have no right to seek compensation from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
Statement For Self-Certified Sophisticated Investor
I am a self-certified sophisticated Investor because at least one of the following applies:
- I am a member of a network or syndicate of business angels and have been so for at least six months prior to this date;
- I have made more than one investment in an unlisted company in the two years prior to this date;
- I am working, or have worked in the two years prior to this date, in a professional capacity in the private equity sector, or in the provision of finance for small and medium enterprises;
- I am currently, or have been in the two years prior to this date, a director of a company with an annual turnover of at least £1 million.
Statement For Self-Certified High Net Worth Individual
I am a certified high net worth individual because at least one of the following applies:
- I had, during the financial year immediately preceding the date below, an annual income to the value of £100,000 or more;
- I held, throughout the financial year immediately preceding the date below, net assets to the value of £250,000 or more. Net assets for these purposes do not include:
- The property which is my primary residence or any loan secured on that residence;
- Any rights of mine under a qualifying contract of insurance within the meaning of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Regulated Activities) Order 2005; or
- Any benefits (in the form of pensions or otherwise) which are payable on the termination of my service or on my death or retirement and to which I am (or my dependents are), or may be, entitled.